Thank you for your interest in serving on the Governing Board of Northland Preparatory Academy. We are pleased that you are interested in serving as a member of the Governing Board. As described in Article II, Section 2.1 of the Bylaws of Northland Prep, the Board constitutes the governing body of the school corporation:
The Board shall constitute the governing body of the Corporation. The Corporation’s activities, affairs and property shall be managed, directed and controlled, and its powers exercised by, and vested in, the Board. The Board shall have all powers necessary to carry out the purpose of the Corporation as specified in the Articles of Incorporation as amended, and the laws of the State of Arizona and of the United States.
The Board consists of nine members. The term of each Board Member begins in August and lasts for three (3) years, which means that each year three seats are up for election. We hope to fill these positions with candidates who bring diverse skills, backgrounds and experiences and can contribute to a well-rounded and effective Board.
Steps in the NPA Board Application Process
1. Consider attending the optional board information session on [2022 date TBA] to learn about the duties and expectations of Board membership, meet some of the members, and to review the application packet.
2. Submit all of the items listed in the Candidate Checklist to be received by the deadline of September 23, 2021 at 4pm. The application may be returned to Board of Directors, c/o NPA, 3300 E. Sparrow Ave., Flagstaff, AZ 86004 or scanned and emailed to Board member Priscilla Rost at email@example.com.
3. Applicants are strongly encouraged to attend (at least) the September 27th NPA Board Meeting, at which candidates will have a three minute slot to present themselves and their qualifications to the Board for consideration. Many board candidates attend many meetings prior to board elections and/or get involved in some of the board committees.
4. The Board will vote on candidates to fill upcoming vacancies at the September 27th meeting following the candidate presentations.
5. Those candidates elected will need to complete the items in the Board Member-Elect Checklist provided with the application.
6. Elected Board Members are seated and begin service at the August meeting, but most members-elect start or continue attending board meetings regularly in March.
In the Event of a Midterm Vacancy
In the event of a midterm vacancy the application is due prior to the board meeting following the announcement of the vacant board seat posted. For the current vacancy applications will be accepted until September 23rd, 2021.