In accordance with A.R.S. Section 15-189.05, as added by Laws 2018, Ch. 285, Section 3, Northland Preparatory Academy hereby reports the following information regarding our staff and teacher salary increases for the 2019-20 school year:
- Relating to the provision of special education services for the 2019-20 budget year, our pupil:teacher ratio is 10:1 and our pupil:staff ratio is 5:1.
- The number of full-time equivalent certificated employees is 30.8.
• Our average base* teacher salary in 2017-18 was $40,050.
• Our average base* teacher salary as budgeted for 2018-19 was $42,779.
• Our average base* teacher salary as budgeted for 2019-20 is $44,745.
This reflects an average increase of $1,966, which is an average increase of 4.6%.
*Base salary does not include additional performance-based pay from Proposition 301.
Some important notes and explanations:
All returning teachers at NPA are receiving a 5.2% increase over their 2018-19 base salaries. When there are changes in teaching staff where a teacher with less experience replaces a teacher with more experience, the resulting overall average increase can be below the standard salary increase of 5.2%.
In addition to teacher increases, NPA decided to increase salaries for non-teaching staff. Non-teaching staff at NPA are receiving raises of 2.0%.
UPCOMING FISCAL YEAR:
NPA’s Governing Board proposed its expenditure budget for Fiscal Year 2020 on June 24th, 2019, and subsequently approved the budget at its meeting on July 8th, 2019.
Below are links to a summary of the budget expenditures, the budget revenue worksheet, as well as notification of the hearing by the Board:
*When you reach NPA at this page, use the Submitted File Status link to pull up the search tool that allows viewing the budget documents
RECENT FISCAL YEARS:
ANNUAL FINANCIAL REPORT ITEMS
Please follow the link below to the ADE website to view NPA’s most recent Annual Financial Report: