In accordance with A.R.S. Section 15-189.05, as added by Laws 2018, Ch. 285, Section 3, Northland Preparatory Academy hereby reports the following information regarding our staff and teacher salary increases for the 2021-22 school year:
- Relating to the provision of special education services for the 2021-22 budget year, our pupil:teacher ratio is 14:1 and our pupil:staff ratio is 7:1.
- The number of full-time equivalent certificated teachers is 27.
- Our average base* teacher salary in 2017-18 was $40,050.
- Our average base* teacher salary as budgeted for 2018-19 was $42,779.
- Our average base* teacher salary as budgeted for 2019-20 is $44,745.
- Our average base* teacher salary as budgeted for 2020-21 is $47,215.
- Our average base* teacher salary as budgeted for 2021-22 is $47,802.
*Base salary does not include additional performance-based pay from Proposition 301 or other pay for additional duties.
This reflects an average increase of $587, which is an average increase of 1.2% over 2020-21. The average salary has increased $7,752 over 2017-18, representing an overall increase of 19.4%.
Average teacher salary in 2017-18 including additional performance-based pay and other pay from Proposition 301 was $43,644.
Average teacher salary in 2018-19 including additional performance-based pay and other pay from Proposition 301 was $46,803.
Average teacher salary in 2019-20 including additional performance-based pay and other pay from Proposition 301 was $49,680.
Some important notes and explanations:
Returning classroom teachers at NPA are receiving a 3% increase over their 2020-21 base salaries. When there are changes in teaching staff where a teacher with less experience replaces a teacher with more experience, the resulting overall average increase can be below the standard salary increase of 3%.
UPCOMING/CURRENT FISCAL YEAR:
NPA’s Governing Board proposed its expenditure budget for Fiscal Year 2021 on June 21st, 2021, and will consider final adoption of the budget at a meeting on July 12th, 2020.
Below are links to a summary of the budget expenditures, the budget revenue worksheet, as well as notification of the hearing by the Board:
Budget Adoption Hearing Notification FY2022 – Northland Preparatory Academy
Note that the agenda for this meeting will be posted no later than 7/8/21 and you can find it here when it posts.
*After you reach NPA in the pulldown listing at this page, use the Submitted File Status link to pull up the search tool that allows for viewing the budget documents – click on the file name to download the budget document
RECENT FISCAL YEARS:
ANNUAL FINANCIAL REPORT ITEMS
Please follow the link below to the ADE website to view NPA’s most recent Annual Financial Report. Once there, you may download the report.