Employment opportunities are posted as opportunities become available. Posted positions reflect known needs at the time of advertisement and are subject to change. Northland Preparatory Academy is an equal opportunity employer. All positions are posted below.
Please fill out the application completely and return it to NPA, attention: Jay Litwicki via US Postal Service, email Jay Litwicki (firstname.lastname@example.org) or fax (928-214-8778).
SY 2020-21 Opportunities
- School Psychologist – This position provides mental health supports for students, oversees crisis management, and collaborates with teachers and administrators to develop and implement Social and Emotional Learning curriculum, while helping in our mission to create a safe, healthy, and anti-racist environment.
Must hold a Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree and valid Arizona Certification / Endorsement consistent with assignment.
- Full-Time HS English Teacher
- Part-Time or Full-Time Nurse’s Aide
- Part-Time or Full-Time Instructional Aide
- Please visit www.northlandprep.org/employment for an application packet. After
completing the packet, return via email email@example.com, fax to 928-214-8778, mail to 3300 E. Sparrow Ave. Flagstaff, AZ
86004, or drop off in person. Interested
candidates are encouraged to apply ASAP.
- Substitute Pool (Minimum Bachelor’s Degree) — scroll down for details-
($105/day in 2020-21)
Application and Salary Schedule
Are You, Northland Prep, and Flagstaff a Match?
Come join a vibrant learning community in a beautiful mountain setting! Northland Preparatory Academy is a public charter school in Flagstaff leading 640 students in Grades 6-12 through a rigorous college-prep curriculum. Find out more about why we are one of the top schools in Arizona by sending us your resume and beginning a dialogue.
Northland Prep seeks passionate, knowledgeable educators who are ready to take on the challenge of our mindset, which is that a teacher’s job is not simply to teach and offer students an opportunity to learn – it is to ensure that students learn.
If that describes you, then ask yourself:
- Why would you invest yourself in attempting to teach upwards of 30 students in a class when you can actually teach 20?
- Why be another face in the crowd in a large district when you can be a central partner in a tight-knit team of educators helping students truly achieve success?
Why Northland Prep?
- A CULTURE OF LEARNING – We have a 99.8% cumulative graduation rate since our founding in 1996 and over 95% of our graduates go on to college. Students leave NPA ready for college and careers.
- SMALL CLASS SIZES – The typical NPA teacher has five class sections of 20 students or fewer, one class advisory/study supervision section, and prep time. Teachers get to focus on teaching.
- ENGAGED STUDENTS – Our students are comfortable with high expectations and rigorous academics. They encourage each other to succeed and participate. Students are active in the classroom and in extra curriculars.
- AN ACTIVE SCHOOL COMMUNITY – As a small charter school, our families are invested in the school by choice. Parents are partners and contribute time and energy into classrooms. Teachers are supported.
- COMPETITIVE SALARY AND BENEFITS—Our salary schedule is competitive and we offer health and retirement benefits. The health and well-being of our staff is essential. NPA cares about our faculty and staff.
- A gorgeous mountain setting with four seasons
- Great outdoor activities – hiking, biking, climbing, skiing, snowboarding
- A small city that’s not small-minded – open to a world of tourists and open-minded diversity
- Home to Northern Arizona University — opportunities for continuing your education
- Learn more about Flagstaff at http://www.flagstaffarizona.org/ and http://www.flagstaffchamber.com/
Substitute Teaching at NPA
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Current AZ fingerprint clearance card – we can help you apply if you don’t already have one
- The willingness and ability to manage students as they complete lessons left by the classroom teacher
- $105 daily rate in 2020-21
- A great way to gain some experience for those who may be seeking to teach in a classroom in the future
- Appropriate behavior is an expectation of all NPA students. As such, our students cooperate with substitute teachers.
Contact Kari Kaspryzk (firstname.lastname@example.org or 214-8776) for more information about joining our substitute pool.