We would like to invite you as parents of students in Grades 9-11 to a presentation organized by our guidance department on Tuesday, February 19th, at 6:30 PM in the NPA gym. The presentation is “Your High School Road Map.” We’d like to ensure that you are aware of the many steps along the path toward graduation and preparation for college, so that as a team, the students, parents, and counselors are all joined together to maximize student outcomes and opportunities after high school.
The presentation will include:
- A timeline and checklist for each year* of high school
- A review of NPA graduation requirements and course selection pointers
- An overview of the college search process
- Information about college entrance exams (ACT and SAT exams)
- Scholarship information and advice
- Information about the services that our counseling department provides to your students and resources to assist you as parents in helping your children plan and succeed
We believe you will find this to be an informative meeting, and we hope to see you all on the 19th!
*In a perfect scenario, we would be holding events for each grade level separately. However, as you may know, Mrs. Compain has been on medical leave this winter. Ms. Callan and our administrative team have worked very hard through this time to maintain supports for our seniors while also helping underclassmen make progress toward their goals. This presentation will provide a full overview of freshman, sophomore, and junior years, with some emphasis on junior year for the benefit of our juniors as they are currently approaching an important phase of college planning. Those of you with follow-up questions more specific to your child are welcome to follow up at any time with the guidance office.