January 10, 2018
Word of the day Derivative
Definition Taken directly from a source, unoriginal (adj.)
Sentence She was bored by his music because she felt that it was derivative and that she had heard it before.
- Students Please be diligent about checking your grades early in the semester so that there will be no surprises when grade checks come on January 22, 2018. Even one assignment can cause you to become ineligible for sports and fieldtrips.
- Attention mock trial, we will be having a brief meeting at lunch today to discuss the case. Please be there!
- Attention all those interested in Mock Trial, we will be having weekly meetings every Thursday after school from 3:30-4:30. Please be in attendance!
- Lost items Students if you are missing items please see Mrs. Schorey in room 108 to check jail. Any loose items that are thrown on top of the lockers or on the floor at the end of the day are “thrown” in jail and there is a $1 charge to get them out. Jail will be emptied Friday January 12th with the contents donated to Charity.
- Intramural 3 on 3 Basketball Schedule TODAY: B Team 2 vs. Blair and Teachers vs. Woodard
Thursday: Panthers vs. Blair and B Team 1 vs. B Team 2
- Seniors- the NACRC is holding the Free AZ Money Scholarship workshop this Thursday, January 11th, at 5:00 pm. Signup on the NACRC website if you are going to attend.
- Seniors- on January 20th there will be a Scholarship & Financial Aid Fair. Please plan to attend to learn more about the Financial Aid and Scholarship opportunities available. See the flyers outside your counselor’s office for more details.
- Junior Boys- If you are interested in attending the 2018 Boys State Conference, please see your counselor today for more information.
- There will be a meeting for girls playing softball this coming Thursday during lunch in room 107 (Mr. Fader’s room).
- Students- as a reminder, if you are on campus after 3:35 p.m. you need to be working with a teacher or engaged in a school sponsored activity. If you are not, it is the expectation that you will go to after school study hall. Teachers should not have to redirect or remind you. Thank you!
- The January Box Tops Contest prize is a $10 Dutch Brothers gift card. Turn those Box Tops in to help earn money for our school and maybe win a prize for yourself!
- Interested at all in African drumming? There will be an info and open jamm session today at lunch in the band room. 10 drums. First come first served.
- Seniors: Your Senior Add pages are due by January 31st! Please visit the NPA website, click students, and follow the yearbook tab to the link for purchasing and designing those special senior pages!! See Ms. P. if you have any questions.
- Fun Math: Rogers 810 Tues. Reynolds 814 Wed. (every-other) Goodman 809 Thur. Goodman 809
- After School Study Hall: , Wed., Thurs., Fri. Pohl 202 Tues. Goodman 809
Club News & Meetings
Middle School GCY will meet during lunch today.
High school Peers… we are on this week! I will see you all this Friday in portable 3, at 7am!
Middle School PEERS meeting this Friday the 12th at LUNCH will be moved to PORTABLE 3.
Young Authors’ Club meeting this Friday after school. See you there! 😊
Sports for Today
Boys & Girls HS Basketball Games @ Tuba City 4:00 JV Boys; 5:30 Varsity Girls; 7:00 Varsity Boys
Wrestling vs. Winslow & Shonto Prep 4:00