January 25, 2018
Word of the day Rapport
Definition Mutual understanding and harmony (n.)
Sentence When Margaret met her paramour, they felt an instant rapport.
- There will be a short high school girls’ soccer meeting today during lunch in room 109 (Mr. Fader’s Room). The meeting should only last 15 minutes, but it’s extremely important that you attend.
- Upcoming College Visits- TODAY U of A Next Steps for Seniors during 3rd hour in the MPR.
- The gym will be closed today from 8:00 AM-2:30 pm due to the Blood Drive.
- Spartans, clean out your closets while helping those in need! Middle School StuCo is having a clothing drive to benefit Big Brothers Big Sisters. Drop your gently used clothing, no undergarments please, in your grade’s bin in either the lobby of Old Main to help those in need. For each clothing donation, Savers will then donate money to help Big Brothers Big Sisters in the community. At the end of the drive, Feb 2., MS StuCo will determine which grade donated the most to hold a pizza party for you.
- Feeling lucky? Guess the number of Jolly Ranchers in the jar & win the jar of candy! Write your name and your guess on a slip of paper. Put the paper and 50 cents in a Ziploc baggie and turn it in. Contest ends January 31st.
- Tickets for our 2018 winter formal will be on sale at lunch in the lobby of old main. Our winter formal theme is New York City, a Night on the Town. The dance will be held in the Forest Highlands Canyon Clubhouse on Saturday, January 27th. It is sure to be a night you won’t forget!
- The January Box Tops Contest prize is a $10 Dutch Brothers gift card. Turn those Box Tops in to help earn money for our school and maybe win a prize for yourself!
- Seniors: Your Senior Add pages are due by January 31st! Please visit the NPA website, click students, and follow the yearbook tab to the link for purchasing and designing those special senior pages!!
- Fun Math: Rogers 810 Tues. Reynolds 814 Wed. (every-other) Goodman 809 Thur. Goodman 809
- After School Study Hall: , Wed., Thurs., Pohl 202 Tues. Goodman 809 Fri. Massalha 205
Club News & Meetings
- High school Peers will meet tomorrow morning in portable 3. See you at 7am!
- Middle school peers meeting tomorrow @ LUNCH in Portable 3.
- Young Authors’ Club will be meeting this Friday at lunch in Room 202. There will be NO after school meeting this week.
Sports for Today
HS Wrestling @ NW Christian 2:00 dismissal 11:00
HS Girls Varsity Basketball @ Joseph City 7:00