There is a huge scholarship opportunity for incoming NAU freshman who are declared Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Applied Computer Science majors. Each year the VMWare Fellow Martin Casado scholarship awards around $30,000 to deserving students courtesy of Dr. Martin Casado. The scholarship committee is eager to get more applicants!!
VMware Fellow Martin Casado Scholarship Requirements
Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and Applied Computer Science
- Full-time undergraduate
- Arizona resident
- Demonstrated financial need
- Preference given to Flagstaff residents
Visit this site to find the easy Google form application: https://nau.edu/school-of-informatics-computing-and-cyber-systems/vmware-fellow-martin-casado-computer-science-scholarship/
Along with this application, please have students submit the following materials as one PDF or Word document to Joanna.Stevens@nau.edu
- Copy of a recent transcript (if you are an incoming or current freshman, please submit a high school transcript)
- Current resume
- A copy of your official ACT or SAT (or both) scores
- A formal letter of interest (double-spaced, up to two pages maximum) describing yourself and your interest in Computer Science.
Please include: information about your background, why you selected NAU and a computer science degree, what area of computer science interests you the most, future career goals, extracurricular activities and anything else you would like to highlight about your commitment to your chosen discipline.
Also, please briefly explain your educational funding plan and how this scholarship would complement it.
- One Reference Form must also be completed by a professor who is familiar with your academic performance. Please contact them directly with your request. The referral form can be found through this link: https://goo.gl/forms/vrSNqgM1cq1UmpuF2