Greetings Spartan family!
Like you, perhaps, I’ve lost track of which week this is exactly in our online learning, but, in any case, welcome to another week!
STUDENTS: Please continue to work through your virtual learning platforms with your teachers. Reach out to them with any questions or concerns. Also, please note, the work you do will only help your final grades!
SENIORS and SENIOR PARENTS: Please keep your Senior door décor coming in! you can send your pictures, celebrating your Class of 2020 to me!
RECAP to AP STUDENTS & PARENTS:
In addition to my virtual call with College Board, regarding AP testing this year, I’ve been on the phone with them many times, trying to get the most up-to-date information from them to pass along to you! Please know, this situation is still evolving and College Board is still figuring out many more details. However, here is what I’ve learned thus far:
- All students will be testing in the new May 11-22 window.
- AP Art students will not be physically mailing in any portfolios this year, but will be uploading their submission individually.
- IF you do not want to take your AP exam, you may choose to cancel and simply not take the exam, BUT notify me, your AP teacher AND email@example.com BEFOREHAND
- AP and College Board will be sending out more information this month, regarding day of testing issues—so be sure to check your personal emails, your classroom sites, and the NPA website for new info.
- Please feel free to refer to this handy link of AP tests by time zone: https://www.totalregistration.net/AP-Exam-Registration-Service/AP-Exam-Schedule.php?timezone=America%2FPhoenix
AP PARENTS: here is an AP webinar just for you! https://globalmeet.webcasts.com/starthere.jsp?ei=1302024&tp_key=73070ccd21 https://globalmeet.webcasts.com/starthere.jsp?ei=1302024&tp_key=73070ccd21
REMINDER to SENIORS & SENIOR PARENTS:
SENIORS: Later this month, we will be sending you, via email, your Senior Exit Ticket. It will also be linked to the NPA website. This year, more than any other year, it is imperative for us to get your exit ticket back in a timely fashion, as it will be the only way our Registrar will be able to get your final transcripts out on time to your schools. Please fill these tickets out completely and accurately!
STUDENTS: Please don’t forget, our Anonymous Alerts is still active…if you have a concern and need help PLEASE reach out: http://northlandprep.org/npa-introduces-a-new-communications-tool-called-anonymous-alerts/
Spartan Community: Doctors at Johns Hopkins University have been studying the mental health toll of the Coronavirus on our young people. If you’d like to read the article please feel free to do so here: https://www.wbaltv.com/article/johns-hopkins-doctors-how-children-are-impacted-by-coronavirus/32150180
Don’t forget, I want to hear form you!!! Let me know what you’re reading, baking, eating, etc!!!
Be kind to yourself and each other!
We miss you all!